Articles & Resources
Note: This section currently contains full-text articles written by Doctors Reform Society members, however every view expressed is not necessarily that of the DRS. Also see Andrew Gunn's articles.
- 17/06/2015: Open letter on carbon pollution reduction
The Doctors Reform Society are proud to sign a new open letter to Australian parliamentarians asking for significant commitments to carbon poll... read more
- 14/05/2015: WHAT THE BUDGET DIDN’T SAY
WHAT THE BUDGET DIDN'T SAY Last year's budget was an easy target for those concerned about our health system. Now the Government is smarter... read more
Are co-payments dead? Or is that the sound of Medicare's last gasps? | Apr 26, 2015 8:20PM | Dr Tim Woodruff, vice president of the Doctor... read more
- 04/06/2015: Is This Government sanctioned child abuse?
DOCTORS REFORM SOCIETY WHAT HAS OUR COUNTRY COME TO? Below is reportedly the Xray of the forearm of an 11 year old boy in the care of th... read more
- 04/03/2015: PM Tony Abbott is telling porkys when he states that the $5 copayment is "dead, buried and cremated".
PM Tony Abbott is telling porkys when he states that the $5 copayment is "dead, buried and cremated". PM Tony Abbott and his healt... read more
MORE COPAYMENTS TO BE SNEAKED IN FOR PRESCRIPTION DRUGS The report of the health impact statement on the effects of the Transpacific ... read more
- 08/06/2015: Child abuse in detention centres
Cruelty to children (underlined edited out by Age) What has Australia become? An 11 year old boy breaks his arm and despite being under the... read more
- 16/03/2015: Privatisation: the real agenda
The public hospital funding crisis needs to be understood as part of a plan to privatise the health system and leave the public health sy... read more
- 06/03/2015: Medicare levy bad way to pay for health
Whilst the suggestion that the Medicare levy should be increased to fund more spending on Medicare is better than charging co-payments it still... read more