Articles & Resources
Note: This section currently contains full-text articles written by Doctors Reform Society members, however every view expressed is not necessarily that of the DRS. Also see Andrew Gunn's articles.
- 07/01/2014: GP co-payments not the real answer - there are far better ways to put budget back in shape
The recent proposal to introduce a co-payment for GP visits has ignited debate about the financing of - and principles underlying - the health sys... read more
- 31/12/2013: A NEW TAX ON ILLNESS
Making patients pay out-of-pocket for visits to the doctor is cruel and discriminatory, having most effect on the disadvantaged, writes Tim Woodru... read more
- 29/08/2012: Dental Health: Roadblocks to Progress
Dental Health: Roadblocks to Progress A four-point plan for advancing equitable dental reform The recent one day Oral Health Policy Foru... read more
- 21/03/2014: GREAT NEWS: PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SPENDING UP!
GREAT NEWS: PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SPENDING UP! The report from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare that the Federal Government is spendi... read more
DUTTON FAILS TO REJECT THE DISMANTLING OF MEDICARE The Doctors Reform Society is shocked to hear that the Health Minister Mr Dutton sees no... read more
- 04/01/2014: DRS challenges Glasson to debate on copayments
Local Brisbane GP and Vice President of the Doctors Reform Society, Dr Tracy Schrader, has called on Dr Bill Glasson, LNP candidate for the seat o... read more
- 11/01/2014: Giveth and taketh
PRIVATE health insurer Australian Unity funds a centre to produce a proposal for a GP co-payment to give a price signal to consumers and reduce ov... read more
- 08/01/2014: A case of self-interest?
WHILST agreeing with Martin Laverty that GP visit fees are no solution ("GP Visit fees no solution to health funding, 7/1), I was intrigued by his... read more
- 07/01/2014: Taxes are our individual contributions
The proposal that 'we need a system of individual contributions' for health care continues to be promulgated even by those who recognise that a $5... read more